Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Haven't blogged in a very long time. Well, lots have been going on in my life. My mama is not well. She has been in and out of the hospital a couple times in the past 2 years and in and out of a nursing home 2 times. This time, I'm not sure what is going to happen. She has dementia. Hate it! I feel like I've lost my mama somewhere in the middle of something. Dementia sucks! She thinks I want her money, everything she owns. She "Thinks". That's the problem. The mind is a weird thing. In a dementia patient, they think what their mind is telling them is real. I think dementia is of the devil. Just my opinion. God gave us a mind to think and to reason. Did we hear of dementia years ago? NO! Doesn't make sense does it? Anyway, I don't like what is happening to my mama and there's nothing I can do but give it to God. He is in control and I won't let it take my joy. I will pray the mind of Christ over my mama as many times as I must and believe that He will take care of her. I just so happen to believe that if God can heal cancer or heart problems or any other sickness, why can't he heal dementia? It's nothing for Him! So I wait!

2 comments:

Miss. Pan Am said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mother! It has been awhile since you posted this and I hope God has been working with you and your family! Keep posting!!!

Mama Karen said...

Unfortunately since this blog, mama went to heaven on January 21, 2011. Our loss is heaven's gain. What a legacy she left behind. I miss her so much. Until we meet again, watch over us my angel in heaven.